Saturday, August 14, 2021

Papertrey Ink Release Countdown Day 4: Cover Plate: Apples

Happy weekend everyone! It's Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink release countdown and today I've got the new Cover Plate: Apples on the blog! 

I used the Cover Plate: Apples to make a card that makes me think of so many memories of when my boys were little. For many years, we would go apple picking with the kids. We live outside of Washington, DC, in Virginia, but you can find lots of apple orchards within just an hours drive. Many of the orchards have pumpkin patches and cute general stores filled with produce and baked goods. Such good times!

So today I recreated a scene from those days by using elements from Cover Plate: Apples, Cover Plate: Maple Leaves, and the Pumpkin Party dies. I cut all my elements and went to work with my Copics. I cut the top off the crate die from the Pumpkin Patch set to hold my picked apples. I colored the maple leaf die cuts with Copics and added some veining detail with a thin brown marker. I also colored the pumpkin die cuts with Copics. The pumpkin dies have embossing lines that you can use as guides for coloring. 

The sentiment is from the new Inside Greetings: Fall set and it was the perfect match! How cute are those mini apples?

 

Stop by the Papertrey Ink blog to see more about the new release including the Feathered Friends 14 and Spooktacular Kit!

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty!! I LOVE that little box of apples and the fall colors on your card. I am so looking forward to fall this year.

    ReplyDelete