Friday, October 15, 2021

Waffle Flower October 2021 Release Blog Hop

 

Welcome to Waffle Flower’s October 2021 Release Day! I’m excited to be hopping today with the wonderful folks from Waffle Flower and so many amazing guests! I can't wait to show you all the new goodies that just hit the Waffle Flower website! This month, we've got a fun new line of shaker dies and cards and along with some Waffle Flower favorites! So settle in because I have a ton to share today!


If you've visited my blog before, you may already know that I'm a fan of shaker cards. It's one of types of cards that never get old for me! That's why I've been a busy bee playing with all the new shaker supplies this month. My first card uses the Solar System stamp and die set to create an outer space scene with a sparkly shaker planet! Waffle Flower has two types of shaker covers, slim and puffy, and the Solar System set works with the puffy covers! The puffy covers are great for larger fillers like XL sequins and thicker crystals. 



I backed the planet with a piece of Yupo paper colored with alcohol inks and gold mixative. I used alcohol inks for the smaller planets too. I love the way the alcohol inks blend and streak to create amazing patterns. 


The background is just black cardstock blended white ink, splattered white paint, and a few "stars" penned with a white gel pen. The final touches are the stars and ring made with holographic cardstock. This was soooo much fun to make! 


My second card also uses a puffy shaker cover, but this time it's a heart! Lately, I've been making stamp cards, postage stamp cards that is! I made my version of a Love postage stamp down to the "FOREVER" postage (this stamp is from the Oversized Love stamp set). 


This next card also uses the puffy heart shaker covers, this time in triplicate! The number one reason I love the puffy covers is that the size allows you to get really creative with fillers. this time I dipped into my mini pom pom collection and packed these hearts full!


I used a mix of 5mm and 7mm pom poms for this card. Such a fun way to use pom poms!


My third card uses the last puffy shaker cover, the star covers. This time I added a bit of color by using alcohol inks and gold mixative to the inside of the shaker cover. The ink is translucent so you can still see the gold sequins and fillers inside. The star shaker was a natural match with the new Sunburst Panel die


The next card uses the the slim shaker covers that comes with 3 sizes of circle shaker covers. The two larger shaker covers are the perfect size to create your own shaker snowman. 


Just add a texture background (Wave Texture Background) and a fun candy stripe frame (Nesting Rectangle Frames covered with a bit of Christmas Stripes paper). The scarf and carrot nose are handcut, but the hat is from the Be Him set and the "coal" are enamel dots. 


Last but not least is a double shaker! The focal shaker uses the Solar System set to create a happy little sun! Mr. Sunshine is layered over a background Infinity Shaker (aka a frameless shaker). The sentiment is a new version of the Oversized Word series, this time in a fun print font! The Oversized Hey Hi Hello Print die set includes 3 word dies (hello, hi, and hey) along with shadow dies. These dies work with subsentiments you may already have with the original Oversized Hello set


I used a ton of glitter, sequins, crystals and more with this card, and I loved every minute of it! You may need sunglasses for this one;)


Whew! That was a post and half, wasn't it? I hope that you had fun seeing all the shaker covers and dies in action. 

The blog hop is loaded with lots of fun, inspiration, and chances to win some of these new release goodies! Next on the hop is the fantastic Laura Bassen (but here's the full list so you don't miss a stop)!

JJ Bolton (you are here!)

For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EDT on Monday October 18th, 2021 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on Friday 10/20/2021.

There are more giveaways to enter on Instagram including 1 winner to receive the entire release! Follow us at @waffleflowercrafts so you don’t miss out! 

From now till Monday October 18th, 2021, all orders placed at waffleflower.com will receive a sample piece of the A2 Infinity Shaker Cover (No code required!).

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

P.S. For those of you who are new to Waffle Flower, they have a Last Chance section on their website that lists many goodies for 25% off until they are gone! This would be a great place to start your collection! 



35 comments:

  1. JJ you do have a way with shakers, my friend! I know a guy who would just LOVE your out-of-this-world card as much as I do! You ALWAYS have me at POMS! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shaker cards! Love them all and can't pick a favorite! Now I want the whole bundle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh, my stars!" is one of my exclamations, and it certainly fits every card on your post! Love the amazing glimpse into the solar system, the happy sun, and the hearts filled with tiny pompoms! You are so creative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The planet is my favorite! But they are all just adorable. I would LOVE to make some just like yours. great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I just love the solar system shaker card! The cutest card I’ve seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my -- these are the cutest shakers I've ever seen. I really love the first one -- the planets, the stars -- amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards!! Shakers are my fave type of card, too.
    So I love all the shapes. Your first shaker is really a
    stunning card. And the snowman is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I like all your cards, but that first one is really fantastic! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it's a shakathon! These are great!! You can feel your fun to work around your whole stash grabbing cuteness to accent the shaker windows. No favorite, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many lovely cards! I love the one with the hearts stuffed with pom poms! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Space never looked so good! All the shakers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful cards you created! You really went to town on these. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GAAAAAA!!!! JJ, you are KILLIN' IT!! These shakers are SO, SO, SO GOOD!! I love the "Love you" one with the tiny pompons.The snowman is RIDICULOUSLY cute. The sun is AMAZING and beautiful. The Happy Holidays is sophisticated and brilliant. I love all of the designs but those are my faves. WOW!! Glad I ordered some of these items b/c I bet they will sell out fast. I'd still love to win, though!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great release. Your cards are so uplifting and creative! What die did you use for the trim on the card with the pompon balls? It looks a little like an eyelet trim. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These might be the most fabulous shaker cards ever! Love them all, but the solar system card is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many wonderful cards. Love the
    coloring of the earth and the star.
    they are gorgeous. the snowman is
    darling. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Your cards are amazing! I especially love the pom poms in the hearts and the sunshine double shaker card is next level fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  18. THESE ARE AWESOME! i love the planet, snowman and sunshine! YOU ROCKED THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your shaker card ideas! The galaxy card is out of this world, and the snowman is another favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Shaker cards! Love that happy sun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome cards! I love the cute snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow so many gorgeous cards - your first card is so inspirational - thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love all your shaker cards...absolutely adorable!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow--so many cards, so many gorgeous backgrounds and terrific shaker cards! Love them all, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are out of this world! They are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love making galaxy cards!! Love your galaxy shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these amazing shaker cards JJ! The little Solar System card is gorgeous!!! SO clever!! Thanks for the great inspiration! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Epic ideas you have going on here. Love the pom-poms in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Love your amazing shaker cards! So many great ideas! I love the little pompoms in the hearts and the double shaker using the infinity shaker cover and the sunshine shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow you made some really awesome and adorable shaker cards. Love the pompom shaker elements.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Such gorgeous shaker cards! Love the first one…
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous cards! LOVE the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! whole lot of shaking goin' on! Love that planet!

    ReplyDelete