Thursday, October 21, 2021

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 1: Build-A-Santa, Just Sentiments: Santa, Ornate Evergreens, & Feathered Friends 16

Hi everyone! Today starts the Papertrey Ink October release and I'm so excited! I have always loved the fall season with the cooler weather and anticipation of the holiday season. This month at Papertrey Ink is all about that vibe. Today is Day 1 and we're highlighting the Build-A-Santa set, Just Sentiments: Santa, Ornate Evergreens, & Feather Friends 16! 

I've got 2 cards to share today to get us started! The first one features the Ornate Evergreens die set. This set comes with 3 tree dies with different detailed cut patterns. These are so versatile to work with and can easily be "dressed up" with different techniques. I thought the die cuts were lovely as is, so I just cut them with glitter paper and layered them on a panel shaker. 

STAMPS: Just Sentiments: Santa, Winter Swirls
INK: True Black
PAPER: White
DIES: Ornate Evergreens, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles, Border Bling: Dotted Skinny Frame,
Border Bling: Snow Flake Die

For the shaker panel, I decorated it with some stamping using Winter Swirls from last month and added some die cut snowflakes using the Border Bling: Snow Flake Die. I love all the sparkly and shine of this one! The trees look so amazing cut with glitter paper!


My second card today uses the new Build-A-Santa stamp and die set and the Just Sentiments: Santa set. I am in love with this charming Santa! He is so fun to put together and I thought he would be perfect on a snowy rooftop on a moonlit night!

STAMPS: Build-A-Santa, Just Sentiments: Santa, Rustic Brick Background
INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow, Enchanted Evening
PAPER: White, True Black, Soft Stone, Rustic White
DIES: Build-A-Santa

I used the Rustic Brick Background stamp set to create a quick chimney. I love all the textures going on in this card including the fun pompom on his cap!


There's lots more goodies in the release, so come back tomorrow for the Day 2 of the release!

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

3 comments:

  1. Love the tree card. What colors of glitter paper did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariana! This glitter paper was in my stash, but I think that I got them from a blue glitter pack from Michaels.

      Delete
    2. Great color combo, I'll have to check out Michaels! Thanks!

      Delete