Sunday, September 19, 2021

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 2: Feathered Friends 15, Border Bling: Snowflakes, & Inside Greetings: Snow

Hi guys! Welcome to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink September release! Today I'm starting off with the Feathered Friends 15 dies. This little chubby bird is so cute! I put him over a simple shaker using the new Woodgrain stamp (more to come later!) and Skinny Postage Frames dies.


I love how the bird dies always have beautiful embossed details that look great when blended with ink. The background pine branches are from the Sprigs & Sprays: Holiday and the sentiment is from It's a Sign: Christmas Bough. 

This next card uses Border Bling: Snowflakes die as a rainbow card. This die was just screaming for the rainbow treatment!  

Because there was so much color around the frame, I thought I'd go with a simple white on white shaker that lets the sweet sentiment stand out. I added a vellum inner frame as a small extra detail that didn't make things too busy. The sentiment is from the Inside Greetings: Snow.

I'll see you back tomorrow for the Day 3 of the release!

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

1 comment:

  1. Dear JJ
    Love both cards and i got an idea from you on creating borders. The robin looks really warm and cute

    ReplyDelete