Monday, September 20, 2021

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 3: Farm Fresh, Weathered Wood, & Winter Swirls

Hello everyone! It's Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink September release and I'm so excited about my cards today! Today I'm sharing two fun sets that are so versatile and work with so many other sets with Winter Swirls and Weathered Wood. And the last one is my favorite from the release called Farm Fresh! Let's get started!

So the first set today is called Winter Swirls and I wanted to try something a bit different with it. Obviously, this set will make amazing snowy swirls, but I was thinking of coffee steam swirls! I used the fun mug from Festive Mugs and then added the swirls above. I love, love, love how the die cut swirls look! 



The sentiment is from the Inside Greetings: Snow Stamp set and was stamped on a die cut using the Banner Builders: Basics. The final touches are the sequins and a smattering of stamped snowflakes. 

This next card uses my favorite set from the release, Farm Fresh. I have a few other cards done with this set and I'll share those later this month. This set has a Christmas tree farm theme with a bunch of fun Christmas trees in buckets and a gorgeous sign stamp. 

If you've been to my blog before, you may know how much I like to mix old and new stamps and use them in different ways. So with this stamp set, I used an older die called Paradise this Way to create a fun rustic sign you may see at a tree farm. 

Farm Fresh has a wonderful variety of buckets and fir plants, and it's so much fun to mix and match. For the background, I used the Weathered Wood stamp. To get a more weathered look to it, I stamped it first with brown then stamped over the same image in gray. Then I blended both brown and gray over it. I used the same technique on the sign too. Love how it turned out! 

For the background I used a bold red banner cut with the In Stitches: Banner Die. The sentiment from Scene Everywhere: Winter Stamp is stamped on a die cut from Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle Die. Trimming a circle die cut and offsetting it on your card is a great way to stretch your dies. I can't tell you how much I loved working with Farm Fresh!

I'll see you back tomorrow for the Day 4 of the release! Check out the Papertrey Ink blog for other samples from the amazing Design Team!

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

No comments: