Friday, February 5, 2021

Waffle Flower February 2021 Release Blog Hop

 


Welcome to Waffle Flower’s February 2021 Release day! I’m blog hopping with the folks from Waffle Flower to show you all the fun new stuff awaiting you on the Waffle Flower website! This month, the Waffle Flower release is full of stamps, dies, and stencils that celebrate the hope and joy of Spring! 

 

You can’t celebrate Spring without fresh flowers and leaves like those in the Crocus Stamp Set (stampdiecombo), Hopeful Girl Stamp Set (stampdiecombo), Spring Blooms Stencil-n-Stamp (stencil-n-stampdiecombo), and Spring Leaves Die (die). To complement the Spring flowers there’s the A2 Lacy Layers Die (die), Lacy Circles Die (die), and Lacy Ovals (die) sets with delicate scalloped edging. For the stitchers, there’s the Oval Embroidery Hoops Die (die) and coordinating Stitchable Pinking Oval Die (die). The warmer days of Spring also inspire the images and messages of hope and faith in the Caring Hands Stamp Set (stampdiecombo), Caring Hands Sentiments (stamp), Oversized Hope Stamp Set (stampword diecombo), and Lighthouse Stencil-n-Stamp Set (stencil-n-stamp). To round out the release, there are two new alphabet dies, Tower Outline Alpha Die (die) and Retro Outline Alpha Die (die), and two new background stencils, Spotlight Oval Stencil (stencil) and Sunburst Stencil (stencil).  

The ground is still covering the ground here in Virginia where I live, but I'm really feeling a Spring vibe! I think it's because the sun is coming up earlier these days. One of my favorite times of day is that sliver of time when the house is quiet, the sun is rising, and I'm getting my first cup of coffee. The new release from Waffle Flower kind of gives me that same feeling!  Like this first card I made with the new Oversized Hope set and word die. I used the word die over a background I made using the new Spring Leaves Die. I added the vellum overlay to soften the colors and used the previously released Ticket Frames Die to add a final detail. I love how the word die fills up the card!


For the background, I die cut one of the leaves in multiple colors and laid them in an angled pattern. I love that triple leaf die!

This next card uses the Caring Hands Set with a background using the Sunburst Stencil. I really wanted the hands to be holding a cup of coffee, but I didn't have a coffee cup the right size. Instead I just used some of my nesting circle dies and made my own cup! So easy. The sunburst background was just what I needed to perk up the background, and the sentiment (from Sending Love set) was just right too.


This next card was super easy and fun to do! I used the new Lacy Circles Die to created an inlaid scalloped circle. Then I cut out the middle and backed it with multi color stripes I cut with my Skinny Stripes Dies. The simple sentiment was made with white cardstock backed with vellum using the Retro Outline Alpha Dies. I'm loving that alpha die set because of the clean, rounded serif font and because each letter die has an outline die. So many options!


This card uses the Hopeful Girl set and the Lacy Circles again, but this time as a shaker card. The images in the Hopeful Girl set are so sweet just as you would expect from Big Bear and Bird. Love the sentiments in that set too!


This next card features one of my favorites from the release. The Lighthouse Stencil-n-Stamp is perfect for folks like me that love making backgrounds. Something about making a blended ink sunset is so soothing! The tall lighthouse image works really well on a slimline card, especially when you add a reflection and a bit of detail in the foreground.


If you look at the set, you will see that both the stamp set and stencil has the lighthouse image. At first, you might say "why would I need both?". The stamp is great for creating a sharp silhouette and has the the window details. The lighthouse in the stencil does not have the windows, but is great for reflections and shadows. Tip for creating windows in the stencil version: Blend the solid lighthouse with Distress Ink or other water-based ink. Use the windows in the stencil to lift the ink and then blend color over the lifted spots. You could also use pigment ink for the windows. 


That's all for me today! Hope you’re enjoying the hop! Next on the hop is Rebecca!  (Here's the whole list in case you missed anyone!)


For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EDT on Monday February 8th, 2021 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on 2/10/2021.

There are more giveaways to enter on our Instagram! Follow us at @waffleflowercrafts so you don’t miss out! From now till February 7th, 2021, all orders placed at waffleflower.com will receive a mystery gift (No code required!).

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

P.S. For those of you who are new to Waffle Flower, they have a Last Chance section on their website that lists many goodies for 25% off until they are gone! This would be a great place to start your collection! 

35 comments:

  1. what a great selection of awesome cards!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful! I especially love our first one with the leaves and vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are amazing! I love the softness of the vellum over those pretty leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ, your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us with products from another terrific release from Waffleflower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card ideas! They are all so different but have given me some great ideas to use. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards wonderfully show off these new products! It's hard to pick a favorite but will enjoy a gc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 30 minutes in the morning between when I wake up and when my family does is my favorite time of day too. Just enough quiet time to collect your thoughts and just be still. Then it's go time! Hehe. Beautiful cards. I love the sentiments in oversized Hope and even in the Lighthouse set (even though they are sad).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love your lighthouse card. Love all the elements to your hope card. That hope die is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards! Fabulous! I especially like the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the hope one! The lighthouse card is brilliant too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much beauty here. I am really drawn to ones with the stitched die frames.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty cards!
    I love the soft colors and the Vellum on the first card.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layering and colors! The lighthouse card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow!!! Amazing, colorful cards!! Love the oversized Hope card which is my favorite and so want most of all of this release!!! Your cards are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards!! I love your clever designs and colours! I love the look of the vellum overlay and the super lighthouse reflection card! Thanks so much for the great inspiration! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like your happy card using the lacy dies. It just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! There is nothing better than HOPE! (especially after 2020!) Fabulous Post! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Fantastic cards! I love the reflection of the lighthouse! The orange and yellow background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. The praying girl is very sweet. I love the look of the flowers, and her hair, and her devotion.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow - your cards are stunning especially the light house card - thanks for the eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow you are very talented these are all so beautiful
    Just love the first card the most though
    Nuala

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the vellum overlay on the
    flowers. Gives them a misty
    look.The light house is
    fantastic. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cards! I especially like the hopeful girl card- I just love the feeling and colors it evokes. And your lighthouse card is amazing, especially with the stenciled reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are really special. Love the one with the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Each of your cards are absolutely delightful JJ!! I'm impressed with your layouts & colouring. You've showcased this release beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! The hopeful girl has stolen my heart! What a beautiful image for a special card. I like the lighthouse with it's amazing shadow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards you created for this release. Love the use of vellum on the first to soften the look.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the lighthouse and hope layers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful variety of cards. I like the vellum panel on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a great assortment of cards. Love the lacy edge frames and the lighthouse is gorgeous. Also the hope card is great.

    ReplyDelete