Monday, April 5, 2021

Waffle Flower April 2021 Release Blog Hop

 

Welcome to Waffle Flower’s April 2021 Release day! After you hop along with our Guest Designers and Design Team be sure to check out the full release on the website! 

 

If you stopped by for the Waffle Flower intros this week on the WF Blog, you’ve already seen sneaks of the fun new stamps, dies, and stencils in this release. This month we have the Birthday Kitties set (stamp, die, stencil) and Birthday Puppies set (stamp, die, stencil) by Liz Mytinger; Pawsome Birthday Sentiments set (stamp); Jumbo Flower Pot set (stamp, die) and Simple Stems set (stamp, die) by Karla Jodoin; Teacher set (stamp, die) and Oversized Smile set (stamp, word die) by JJ Bolton; Pennant Alpha Stamp set (stamp, die), Pennant Banners (stencil), Pennant Alpha Duo-tone set (stencil); Confetti (die, stencil); Brick Wall (stencil), Spotlight Diamond (stencil), Spotlight Hexagon (stencil), and Spotlight Triangle (stencil); and Stitched Diamond Panel (die), Triple Line Diamond Panel (die), and Stitched Flower Panel (die).

 

Let's start off with two cards I made using the new panel dies, Stitched Diamond Panel and Triple Line Diamond Panel. These panels measure just smaller than A2 size and can be used together or layered. In this card, I paired the Stitched Diamond Panel with an adorable dog from the Birthday Puppies set. To bring a bit of color to the background, I went back to my stash of rainbow stripes that I cut with the Skinny Stripes dies. I cut stripes in all my cardstock colors at one time and keep them stashed in a container just for moments like this. The sentiment is from the new Pawsome Birthday Sentiments set. 


This next card uses another panel die called the Triple Line Diamond Panel. This panel has a thin stripe pattern that is designed to work alone or stacked over the Stitched Diamond Panel. For this card, I used some flowers that I cut with the Stitched Flower Panel (we'll talk about that one later:). Simple but fun!

For my next card, I'm using the Teachers Set. This set comes just in time for the end of the school year and Teacher Appreciation Week! If there's any time where we need to thank our teachers, it's this year! I made a fun chalkboard card and added flags using the Pennant Alpha set. The cute little kids are from the Pencil In set from Kamo (so cute!).


My next card just gets me in the mood for Spring! It uses the Jumbo Flower Pot set over a background made with the Brick Wall stencil. I love that the flowers just fill an A2 card. I used Copics to color the stamps, but I'm looking forward to trying watercolors next.



My last card today uses one of my favorites from the release, the Stitched Flower Panel. This panel die is so much fun to play with because there are so many ways to use the die. This time, I did an inlaid technique and then added a white enamel dot to each flower. BTW, this panel is a full A2 size. 


Just like the other panel dies I've designed, there's an 0.3" border that makes it easy to mount with foam tape. This makes the panel great for layering and shaker cards. I didn't want to cover up too much of the background, so I added a small sentiment using the Classic Frames Die and Classic Sentiments


That's all for me today! Be sure to check out each stop in today’s blog hop for fun, inspiration, and chances to win some of these new release goodies! Next on the hop is the wonderful Keisha Charles

 (Here's the whole list in case you missed anyone!)


For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EDT on Monday April 12th, 2021 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on 2/14/2021.

There are more giveaways to enter on our Instagram! Follow us at @waffleflowercrafts so you don’t miss out! 

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

P.S. For those of you who are new to Waffle Flower, they have a Last Chance section on their website that lists many goodies for 25% off until they are gone! This would be a great place to start your collection! 

59 comments:

  1. Love your designs! Thank you for sharing your talent with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of the first card with the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your vision of the new release JJ! The rainbow colors always brighten my day and your clever designs inspire me! I love the wood frame on the chalkboard, the negative cut out flowers on the triple line, adorable pup and signature "JJ" rainbow flower panel! Eye candy here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, JJ - 🤯🤯 Holy smokes, lady!! Your cards blew my mind! First, I love how you criss-crossed paper strips under the lattice die cut. Then put the adorable pups and the "barkday" message. What a great card! So clean but also full of eye candy in all its many cool aspects. The two cards with the floral die cuts-- both "hello" cards, both colorful... one with lattice background and one with the flower-center embellishments - both terrific!! The floral card is very pretty as well. The teacher card stole my heart, as I have been in the classroom for 28 years. I love the use of the pennants... too bad they sold out before I got to the site today.

    I think you are UBER-talented and I thank you for sharing these creations w/ us.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've been busy creating up a storm. Love all your cards with all different designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great cards! I love your Barkday card- she is so cute. Also need to add Stitched Flower Panel to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many amazing designs. Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the cards that you shared! They are all different and super colorful! Thanks for sharing your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards! I love that cute pup with the cupcake, and the diamond panels are so pretty for the background! Love those fun stitched flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made so many fun cards! I love that floral stitched panel die- so fun to keep whole as a background or use the flowers with the stitched die. Each card is so unique and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, I like the pop of color with the stitched flowers on the white background.
    Thanks,
    Erica K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and vibrant cards. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the flower one and your teacher card! HOW FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really really wonderful cards. Especially love that adorable dog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing so many sample cards.
    Like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great set of cards! I love the new background dies, and your card strips are fabulous with the Stitched Diamond die!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my - that flower power card is just so cheerful! Thank you for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards, especially the healing vibes one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are wonderful! I really love the dog and that cute plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of the "hello" cards. They are so fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your talent is amazing! Such pretty and cheery cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your cards. Lots of exciting choices in this month's release. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great use of this release. Everything is lovely but I'm especially taken by the card with the inlay technique using the Stitched Flower Panel. It's just striking.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are like an enchanted walk in a garden! I am in love with how you made the colorful flowers and the beautiful lattice die is a perfect complement!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All the panel dies make classy cards. Great display of how versatile they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the rainbow colored flowers 'hello" card the best, so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, your cards are so amazing it’s hard to pick a favourite! I love the background dies on your first two cards and how colourful your last card is. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the stark white of the triple line diamond background. Simple but so elegant. I also liked the skinny striped colors with the other diamond background. How wide are those skinny stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  29. All your cards are gorgous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My favorite card is your rainbow flower card! That one is way over and above! All of your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just love your potted flowers, gorgeous!!! Lovely design!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All your cards are awesome but that first one made me drop my jaw. Very creative. The rainbow color of flowers feels so happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all your cards. The first one with the puppy is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! These are amazing cards.. thanks for sharing your lovely ideas! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  35. So many different looks. Love the versatility of these products.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic cards! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome cards, love how you've used the die cuts and color!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love love love your cards JJ. You really know what you are doing when it comes to colour choice!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love those diamond panels (both of them)! They make beautiful cards. I also like the sweet stitched flower panel. It makes a nice, fun card. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous cards and I do love all the stamps and other products you design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your cards using the triple line diamond die and the stitched flower die. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just fantastic cards using all these wonderful products. love those panel dies.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love all your cards! Each one has a unique touch. I love the colours and dimension on the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the colored lattice behind
    the larger one. Great idea.
    The blackboard is fantastic.
    Kids will enjoy giving that to
    their teachers. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fantastic cards! I love all the layers on the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous cards!! So many wonderful designs!! I'm loving the fun blackboard card! Thanks so much for the great inspiration! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. This release has so many wonderful dies. My goodness you have to love a die which leaves all the beautiful reusable bits for inlay or on other cards. Gorgeous examples. That stitched flower panel cover die is a full A2 size and all those flowers, my favorite die today! Well done release Waffleflower!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. All of your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Cute and pretty card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  50. The first card is so adorable and creative!
    I like all of them though, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Amazing cards, JJ. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete