Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Waffle Flower & Tombow Inspiration Week


Hi everyone!

Hello everyone! We have teamed up with our friends at Tombow to bring you a whole week of inspirations using products from both of our companies!

I'm excited to share a couple cards with you today using my Tombow Dual Brush pens!  I've had these pens for awhile and they are so versatile!  They are water-based ink pens that have a brush tip on one end and a smaller pen nib on the other.  

For this card, I masked off a rectangle and did a quick rainbow color.  At this point, you don't have to be super precise.  Then I took water and a paintbrush to blend all the colors.  For larger areas like this, a paintbrush works easier than the Tombow blender pen.  Then it was a just a matter of letting it dry, stamping the sentiment, and adding some raindrops.  Super fast and easy!


For this card, I die cut a bunch of flowers with my Sprigs Dies.  Then I used my markers to color each flower.  For the petal parts, I used 2-3 colors for each flower and then used the blender pen to get some spot blending.  Then I took the same marker (in darker colors) and stippled in the centers of the flowers.  This time, no blending.  


This is so easy to do with the Tombow markers because they have a brush tip on one end and a fine point nib on the other.  Then I just "planted" my flowers in a flower box that I made with my Additional A2 dies.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Definitely check out the other Tombow projects this week!  

There will be a giveaway for you to enter on Instagram on Friday for 2 winners to each receive a prize package totaling $150! More details to come! To stay ahead of the game, follow us at @waffleflower.com and Tombow at @tombowusa NOW!

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ



8 comments:

  1. What stunning cards!! I never thought to use my Tombows for that rainbow effect. I am going to have to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing cards. I love what you do with dies! I am just learning how to use dies, and I definitely appreciate your lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I think the hello card is my favorite. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are so cute, how are they so dimensional? Adorable! I love them. Thanks for showing them. Happy 6th and please stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards. They are lovely and just amazing!

    ReplyDelete