Saturday, June 5, 2021

Waffle Flower June 2021 Release Blog Hop

 

This month is a special month for me because it's the rainbow release at Waffle Flower! Rainbows are close to my heart for a number of reasons, but they are like a touchstone for me. I'm from the Rainbow state (Hawaii, of course) and rainbows are our thing;) But really, who doesn't love a rainbow? 

 

So with that, less talk and more rainbow! This first card uses the Sun Rays dies. You need these dies! So great for making sunburst or ray patterns with paper. I used a full spectrum to create this CAS card. I made a couple extra cards with the scraps from this card, so it was definitely worth all the cutting! The perfect sentiment is from the new Oversized Rainbow


Speaking of Oversized Rainbow, I used the word die from that set for this card. The background is the new Quilt Cross Panel die all rainbowed up! 


I love that I have a rainbow die cut panel "scrap" to make another card! We'll take a look at this panel again later in the post.


This next card pairs the Slimline Rainbow die and the Unicorns by Liz Mytinger! I thought I'd mix it up by doing the rainbow white and the unicorns rainbow:) This was a giant shaker and I used a ton of sequins and glitter. Still finding them all over my desk!



This next card uses the Duo-tone Heart Stencil with the Get Well Sentiment stamp and die. I have been needing lots of Get Well cards lately, so this set will come in handy for me. The stencil is intended for making a single or duo-tone background, but the staggered openings make it super easy to do multi-color. I stenciled over a panel die cut with the A2 Piercing Panel die. I don't really stitch, but this panel brings in just the right touch of texture without getting too busy. 


And we're still going! This card uses the Rustic Rainbow die with some cloud shakers! I used some of the WF patterned papers to create an inlaid rainbow and added a sentiment from the Oversized Rainbow. Tip for you all, most of the "Oversized" sets also have the main sentiment in the smaller block font that matches the subsentiments. Sometimes you just need it small:)


For the last card, I die cut the Quilt Cross Panel die again, but just used the panel. I added some dots with my jewel drops and added a huge "Love You" sentiment die cut. For a softer background I backed the panel with vellum. If you like the look of the quilt background, there's also the Quilt Hexagon and Quilt Circle panel dies this month!


Whew! That was a rainbow marathon today! I hope you are enjoying the rainbow release. Be sure to check out each stop in today’s blog hop for fun, inspiration, and chances to win some of these new release goodies! Next on the hop is the amazing and fun Laura Bassen!

 (Here's the whole list in case you missed anyone!)

JJ Bolton (you are here!)

For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EDT on Monday June 7th, 2021 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on 6/9/2021.

There are more giveaways to enter on our Instagram! Follow us at @waffleflowercrafts so you don’t miss out! 


Waffle Flower is hosting monthly challenges and this month it’s all about rainbows! The link party will start on June 15th! Find more details here!


Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

53 comments:

  1. Aloha, JJ! Your rainbow inspired cards are spectacular. Love this release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards especially the first one

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty & colorful. I'm a bit partial to the shakers since they're my fave type of card. But I also love the first card and the circle of color with the heart; sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cards you made the stamps are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Amazing cards!!! Love this release!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this rainbow release! Your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards using this amazing rainbow release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Pinned most of your lovely examples. I think the CAS card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JJ, When I think of Rainbows, I always think of YOU & WAFFLE FLOWER!! Your cards are BRILLIANT!! God Bless & the Love of Christ to you & yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards but especially the rainbow one with the heart in the middle , so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the rainbow "x" one and your unicorn card! GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your cards, couldn't pick a favorite! Thanks for the tip about the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your creativity with this set! Especially appreciate the sentiments in this release!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first two cards were my favourites. I love the clean and modern style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card, using the Sun Rays die is so creative. Such a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card, using the Sun Rays die is so creative. Such a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card, using the Sun Rays die is so creative. Such a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your Love You card. It's very sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards! The giant slimline shaker is so very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cards are beautiful! The last one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many great new products in this release! Shaker card with the little clouds is just so darling! The possibilities are endless! Thank you for sharing your ideas! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all soooo Cute and Colorful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the card you made with the Sun Rays! Awesome design and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your colorful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow love how you used the background dies!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your Rustic Rainbow shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have created a wonderful array of cards that demonstrate your fantastic sense of design! Just BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd say you've made several touchdowns, with your touchstones, JJ!! Beyond fabulous - and I do have my favorites! wink!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all of the card samples, you have been busy! =)
    My favorite is the cloud shaker card, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love this happy collection of rainbow cards.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card creations. L❤️🧡💛💚💙💜VE!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the color wheel. The unicorn
    jumping over the rainbow is fun.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the heart background of the get well card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My favorite is the duo heart stenciled get well soon card. It is bright and happy and it is so important to keep someone's spirits up when they are not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, JJ - I don't even know where to start!! I love the first card the most, I think... "love comes in every color of the rainbow." Such a cool card visually and the sentiment has a strong impact, too. I also like the others a lot - esp the "Get Well" and "Love you" ones. You're a marvel!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love all the beautiful cards you created! I think the first and last ones are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic cards! I love the rustic rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have created some fabulous and colourful cards.....love them.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh love the way you die cut the clouds near the rainbow and make it a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your cards are FANTASTIC! IT's so hard to pick a favorite. The Get Well and Love you cards are so gorgeous. But that tiny sunray of color. I'm in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful rainbow inspired cards and loving the slimline rainbow shaker with the unicorns!! So much to love and enjoy with this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your cards are so fun and fabulous! I love the sparkly rainbow shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your first card made with the Sun Rays dies! Such a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your cards are really nice. Love the rainbow effects and your Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the rainbow and giant snowflake cards!!

    ReplyDelete