Monday, June 15, 2020

Waffle Flower June 2020 Release Blog Hop


Hi everyone!  

We had a late start this month, but we're so glad to be back!  

Waffle Flower’s June Release is available today! Besides 6 new enamel dots to match our everyday papers, we have some basic nesting dies and cute stamps in this release. Including the much anticipated Slim Layers, Stars and Banners; a new addition to our Oversized Word series: Oversized Hugs; the most adorable critters in Sea Birthday; the popular mail theme with a marine twist in Mermaid Mail, and the versatile Under the Sea sentiments and panel die to complete our release for this Summer.

In case you missed them, here are the links to the introduction posts:
Oversized Hugs + Nesting Stars Die
Sea Birthday by Big Bear and Bird
Mermaid Mail by Cassie Loizeaux
Intro to Under the Sea by JJ Bolton
Intro to New Nesting Dies
Intro to New Everyday Enamel Dots
New Updated Stamps & Dies for June

I've got a couple of cards to share today using some of the new goodies! I'm originally from Hawaii, so I have a soft spot for stamps and dies that have do with the ocean.  My first card uses the Under the Sea frame die and the Sea Birthday set by Big Bear and Bird.  The Under the Sea die set is a frame die but I decided to use the pieces on this slimline card.  Did you know that we have slimline nesting dies this month?  I think I'm obsessed with them!

Scene building sets are some of my absolute favorite and both of the stamp sets this month are perfect for scene building!  That seahorse stamp is the cutest!!!


This month, we also have a sentiment set that coordinates with both of the stamps sets. Great for ocean-themed cards in a fun font that matches so well with these whimsical designs!


This next card uses the Under the Sea frame die again, but this time it's as a frame for a jellyfish from the Mermaid Mail set from Cassie Loizeaux!  This frame is perfect for layering over a soft blended background like this one which was done with Distress Inks. The jellyfish is colored with watercolors using my Karin markers.  


It's so subtle that I couldn't really get a great pic of it, but the jellyfish is washed with some glitter pen. I just love the look of the glitter pen over the watercolors.



That's it for me today, but I know the other folks on the hop have even more amazing stuff to share!  The always fantastic Keeway is next on the hop, but here's the whole list in case.



For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EDT on June 18th, 2020 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on 6/19/2020. There are more giveaways to enter on our Instagram! Follow us at @waffleflowercrafts so you don’t miss out! 

Thanks for hopping with us! 

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

P.S.
A kind reminder from Waffle Flower:"We appreciate every order we receive but we also recommend at this time of uncertainties, reserve your resources and use what you have first! Stay positive and healthy!"

From now till 11:59pm EDT on June 17th, all orders at $50 and over, placed at waffleflower.com will receive a mysterious gift! 

For those of you who are new to Waffle Flower, they have a Last Chance section on their website that lists many goodies for 25% off until they are gone! This would be a great place to start your collection!


(Click here to see the whole collection)


39 comments:

  1. Hello, JJ,
    these cards are adooorable! Thank you for sharing your art!
    I love slimline cards and I was born and raised on the shore, so I have spent half of my life a few metres away from sea. I love all crafts related to the sea.
    Mahalo!

    Mariangela ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ocean scenes you've created on your cards!!! So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful ocean-themed cards; I want to put on a snorkel and step into these pretty scenes...and this coming from someone afraid of water! I especially adore the way you've coloured the jelly fish! Soooo cool!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing cards. Both are incredible. I especially like the first card with the crab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards, especially the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "crabby " card made me laugh out load. That is one of the cutest cards I`ve seen in weeks.Definitely need that stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you did the water! These are great sea scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun with the crabby crab guarding his cave with his claws extended!! lol... So adorable!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such adorable cards! Love the ocean scene...
    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty. I love how you made your backgrounds they are perfect! Thanks for sharing :)
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. That seahorse is really cute. Love the tranquil jellyfish card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome underwater scenes! Love your cards! Love the colors and textures on your slimline card, and that crab is just adorable! Fabulous Under the Sea Frame and jellyfish on your second card! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling cards! I love ocean theme cards as well, coming from the S.California
    coast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! I'm from Sydney, Australia so I am really enjoying seeing all the ocean-themed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic cards! I especially love the first one. What a great scene with cute characters and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like these cute under the sea scenes that you created! Great new releases from Waffle Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable cards! Colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you used the Under the sea panel dies as separate die cut element.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a beach lover so I'm crazy about the ocean scenes. Your cards are awesome. I love the inked backgrounds. The seahorse is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your cards are so pretty -m love the colors and sweet scenes

    ReplyDelete
  22. These scene building new dies make the cutest cards!!! Your rock formation with the cute crab peaking out is a fabulous design!! Super fun new slim card dies are a terrific addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the scene ideas and you've made them look soooo easy to use. Your card designs and the colours used are just Brilliant. TDS X X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome under the sea scenes!! Love your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply darling! A wonderful release!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I especially like the crab card design. So unique.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are lovely. That second backgrounds is gorgeous. What colors did you use? I really like your use of that panel die.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am in love with this Under the Sea release!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute cards. Love your designs and your coloring. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your scene building is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  31. JJ- these scenes are fabulous, and the accompanying sentiments so fun and fitting w/ the adorable ocean critters. Thanks for sharing your creative talents on the hop! Be Well,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute and inspiring underwater scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super cute cards! Your coloring is always superb.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That jelly is absolutely dreamy! Love the crab in the cave too! Crabs always remind me of my dh!

    ReplyDelete