Monday, July 15, 2019

Lakeside Living with Hero Arts July Kit


Hi guys!

I have a couple of cards to share using the latest My Monthly Hero kits from Hero Arts.  The minute I saw the peeks for this set, I knew it would be so much fun to work with and I was soooo right!  Did you all pick it up too?  

I love the stamp of the girl jumping into the water and I pictured her jumping from a tire swing.  So I used inner tube stamp and added a "rope" made from burlap twine that I braided to make thicker.  


The background is just a mix of Distress Inks blended over a masked sun.  Just some tips for those using this set.  I stamped the tree first and then blended ink over them.  The blended ink gives the trees a sun-kissed look.  Another tip is that the tree and mountain stamps are slightly narrower than A2 width, so you have to stamp twice to cover the full width.  It's super easy to do, and you can't tell it isn't one stamp.  I love the layered stamps for the pier and the trees.  They look so awesome stamped together!


I couldn't put the set down, so I made another card.  This time I wanted a more sunset feel.  For the most part, this card is the same as my previous card.  When I saw this lake kit, I knew that I wanted to add a stamp from another previous Hero Arts kit that I also LOVE!  Doesn't that Adirondack chair look perfect on the pier?  (P.S.  The old kit is sold out, but you can get the stamps here)


The sentiment with the beautiful font is from The Greetery and I can just imagine someone sitting at the pier and thinking of a loved one.  



The MMH kit is the only kit that I'm subscribed to right now, and I just have to say how much I love ❤️each kit!   The designers really get us stampers and I love how the kits are so versatile.  If you haven't checked them out, definitely take a look!  

Thanks for stopping in today!  Have an awesome week!

JJ

2 comments:

  1. These are WONDERFUL, JJ! Love the scenes you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so lovely and bright. Love the color schemes you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete