Saturday, January 22, 2022

Papertrey Ink January 2022 Release Countdown Day 1: Feathered Friends 19 Dies, Blooming Hearts, & Into the Blooms: Roses

Hi everyone! I have been taking some time away from the craft table for quite a bit, but I'm back and so excited for the new crafty year! Speaking of new, today starts the Papertrey Ink January release roll out! Today is Day 1 and we're highlighting Feathered Friends 19 Dies, Border Bling: Blooming Hearts Dies, and Into the Blooms: Roses Dies.

I've got 2 cards to share today and it's obvious I'm thinking of Spring! It is frigid here where I live (suburb of Washington DC), but at least it's sunny today! My first card uses the Feathered Friends 19 Dies and the Border Bling: Blooming Hearts Die. I know, butterflies are not feathery, but there is an adorable one included in the set. It also includes some branch and berries dies, so lovely! 


I did inlaid die cuts for the butterfly and placed it in the Blooming Hearts frame. I love how the frame has a subtle heart pattern. I backed the panel with some vellum to give a tiny bit of softness. The sentiment is from the Just Sentiments: With Sympathy set. 


Today we're also introducing the next in the Into the Blooms series, Roses! This set is downright gorgeous! I die cut mine with watercolor paper and painted it very loosely. I also added a little bit of coarse glitter along the edges of the petals. 

For the background, I used the previously released Winter Swirls. I die cut the swirls and added some coarse crystal glitter liberally. I think the background brings a little of interest but still let that rose shine.  



Definitely go check out the Papertrey Ink blog for more ideas from the DT, and come back tomorrow for the Day 2 of the release!

Mahalo and aloha!
JJ

1 comment:

  1. JJ, I wish we could have taken our break together! I love all the creations you brought to the craft table today!
    =]

    ReplyDelete